Lighting tips for small venues
So after looking around on YouTube and online for some tips of how to make smaller venues cosier and more atmospheric, I realised that there wasn’t really much out there to help.
Being the enthusiastic type, giving up wasn’t an option and with the help of my bandmates we came up with a few ides… here goes:
– Buy a coloured light bulb and put it into a standing lamp with a directional head. This gives you a chance to give your stage and band members some colour.
– Dig out your Christmas tree lights from the attic and hang it up behind you when you play.
– Buy some old second hand disco lights and set them up to flash on you as you play.
– Make a sign by cutting out the band name and place it over a transparent sheet with lights behind it.
– Get hold of some battery driven paper lanterns and hang them up around the stage area or in the venue.
That’s pretty much it. See the results in our gallery from our latest gig at The Horn in Reading.